Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the Quick and Easy South Beach cookbook. I think it tastes like summer!
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small jicama, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onions
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, and cumin in a large bowl and slowly whisk in oil.
- Add beans, jicama, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro, tossing to combine, then season with salt and pepper and serve!
The ingredients are great, but I recommend that you let the salad sit and absorb the flavors before serving. That makes this taste much better. This recipe has a beautiful presentation, and is beautiful on the plate. Thanks for sharing!
This is a really simple salad and it uses ingredients I often have on hand. I really like jicama, and I'm always looking for new variations for this vegetable. We had this as a side with our dinner of Migas #370596 and some free-range preservative-free bacon, which resulted in a great combination of flavors and textures. Thanks for posting, I'll add this to the jicama rotation! As suggested by previous reviewers, I did marinade overnight before serving. Made for ZWT8 Family Picks and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
Light, crisp, refreshing, n healthy. Gracias
Made for ZWT #8 Lively Lemon Lovelies.