Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have to find recipes that meet strict requirements. This is a refreshing taste. Keeps well and is filling. I use jicama regularly because it is sweet, crunchy and full of water. It is ideal to use in salads. Enjoy! This is vegetarian but you may add diced cooked chicken, diced cooked turkey or chunked tuna.
- 1 jicama, peeled, cut in julienne strips, then into small chunks
- 1 whole sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 236.59 ml sweet white onion, diced
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 946.36 ml shredded napa cabbage
- 85.04 g package Top Ramen noodles, broken in small pieces. reserve seasoning packet
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 354.88 ml mayonnaise or 354.88 ml Miracle Whip
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 2.46 ml djion yellow mustard
- 2.46 ml kraft creamy horseradish sauce
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml sugar or 4.92 ml sugar substitute
- Place prepared vegetables in a large salad bowl.
- Add broken noodles. Mix together.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add seasoning packet. Mix well.
- Pour half of the dressing on the fruit and vegetables.
- Toss to mix.
- Add the balance of the salad dressing.
- Cover and chill until serving or serve immediately.
- Can be made 4 to 6 hours ahead if required.