Recipe by dicentra
From Health Magazine. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by brokenburner
This was my first time trying jicama, and I'm not sure what I was expecting! I'd heard it described as a cross between an apple and a water chestnut, and I suppose that was kind of accurate. I didn't have lime juice so I settled for lemon, and I abhor cilantro so I just skipped that. I doused it in salt, chili powder and paprika, but I was still able to sense the "crispness" of the jicama. Thanks for posting!
- 6 cups peeled jicama, cut into 3 x 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro