Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Epicurious. So simple! I will most likely serve this with turkey burgers.
Make and share this Jicama Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs jicama, peeled and cut into julienne strips (9 to 10 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak onion in 1 cup cold water with 1/2 teaspoon salt 15 minutes (to make onion flavor milder).
- Drain in a sieve, then rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, sugar, pepper, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl until combined well.
- Add onion, jicama, cilantro, and salt to taste and toss well.
We enjoy jicama almost any ol' way, & your slaw recipe makes for a very satisfying, tasty dish, & I can't knock the easy of preparation, either! Definitely worth trying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
This was very tasty and different! Forgot to rate this when I made it in summer.