Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a nice change from the typical green salad. A great salad for summer cookouts. Goes very well with spicy grilled beef dishes. The cook time is the standing time. This is a Whole Foods recipe that called for chili powder and I used this with ground chiptole powder.
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (Approximately 2 cups.)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (Approximately 1 1/2 cups.)
- 1 small lime, juice and zest
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder or 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
I used to eat jicama and cucumber like this in Mazatlan all the time! I just cut it into sticks, squeezed the lime over it and sprinkled the seasoning and ate away! Made for ZWT 9
WOW!!! I thought I had an average sized jicama but I diced up half of it & had well over 2c. I used 1 large cuke which I didn't peel. I used 2 limes since it was sort of doubled. We loved it! Well, the picky one wasn't so keen on the jicama. Crunch, crunch, crunch!! Absolutely BURSTING with flavor & not a drop of fat!! Brilliant! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers.
This was good! I have never tried jicima before; it smelled strong when I cut into it but seemed to mellow out as it sat in the lime juice with the cucumbers. For ZWT7