Recipe by Sharon123
Jicama is a round root vegetable with brown skin that has a crisp, slightly sweet taste. Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine!
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
- 4 oranges
- 1 large jicama, peeled and julienned (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, sliced into rounds (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml cilantro leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1-1 fresh jalapeno chile, finely chopped (use half red and half green)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk lime juice, oil, sugar, salt and hot pepper sauce together in a large bowl.
- Trim peel and pith from oranges. Cut in half lengthwise, then slice into thin half moons.
- Add orange slices and remaining ingredients to dressing. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover, and chill 1 hour or overnight. Serve on a bed of lettuce, garnished with additional orange slices.