1/4 Photos of Jicama Salad
2 hrs 20 mins
This salad is excellent with any meal. It is crisp and refreshing. I like it because you can prepare it well in advance of the meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pare the Jicama; cut lengthwise into 8 wedges; cut wedges crosswise into 1/8" slices.
- 2Cut cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- 3Cut halves crosswise into 1/8"slices.
- 4Combine Jicama, Cucumber And Onion in a large bowl.
- 5Toss lightly.
- 6Mix lime juice, lime rind,garlic, salt, and chili in a small bowl.
- 7Gradually add oil continuously whisking until thoroughly blended.
- 8Pour dressing over Jicama mixture, toss lightly to evenly coat the salad.
- 9Refrigerate 1-2 hours , covered, to blend the flavors.
- 10Just before serving line a shallow salad bowl with the lettuce leaves and spoon salad on top.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama Salad
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 103.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g