Recipe by PaulaG
Jicama is easily accessible in my part of the world and I am always looking for new and different ways to prepare it. This recipe is from "The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes". Makes a nice addition to a cookout. Please note: The cook time is the recommended chilling time.
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was so light and pleasing. We eat a lot of jicama, and I'm always looking for new variations for this versatile vegatable. Loved the oranges and chili powder - this was a combo I had not used before. This went great with our dinner of Pollo Asada "fajitas" and black bean salad. Thanks for posting - it's a keeper.
- 1 (8 ounce) jicama, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch sticks
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt