Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 cups jicama, pared and cubed (8 oz.)
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl combine jicama, cucumber and orange.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and chili powder; toss.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with salt.
This was the first time my family had ever tried Jicamas. We tasted them before I made the salad and loved them. I doubled the recipe because that is how much Jicama I had and I didn't know how to store a partially used Jicama. I allowed this to chill for over 3 hours before serving and was really disappointed by how bland it was. DH liked it well enough that he asked me to pack some in his lunch for work, so I did. I tasted it again while doing so and the flavors had melded more, but it still seemed very bland. I was expecting the lemon and chili powder to really give it some 'zip'. I'm sorry that I can't give this recipe a higher rating, but thank you for sharing.