Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe from The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas. It is a recipe created by chef Dean Fearing and is Southwest cuisine at it's best. The recipe calls for cold-pressed peanut oil. I make it with canola because it's easier to find and it's healthier.
- 1⁄2 small jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 small yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 small carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, cold-pressed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- cayenne pepper
- Combine the jicama, peppers, zucchini, and carrot with the oil, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Toss to mix well.
- May be refrigerated for several hours before serving. Add the salt just prior to serving.
A nice summer salad loaded with vegetables. The peanut oil was cut in half and fresh lime juice used. This was served with Orange Roughy Veracruz.