Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great alternative to Tomato salsa. Serve with chips or use as an addition to your tossed salad.
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup jicama, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatillo, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, chopped fine
- Mix together, chill for a few hours. Serve as typical salsa with chips or as a topping on your tossed salad.
This was so good, I couldn't stop myself from eating it straight out of the bowl with a spoon. I didn't even let it chill. The tomatillos gave it a nice tartness. I also added a some serrano chile to pick up the heat a bit. I served it to my DBF with some left over pork loin and he ate like a King! Made for ZWT 5 by an Epicurean Queen! Viva las Reynas!
Followed the list of ingredients but for the last one ~ I used a little less than 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno, & still, for me, it was a GREAT SALSA! I enjoyed the combo of orange, jicama & cilantro especially in this! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]