Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A friend made this and brought it to our Supper 8 many years ago. We served a Mexican spread and this was a perfect fit. It is very different and truly delicious!
Top Review by Coasty
I made this for Boxing Day lunch with friends and family and it was very popular. I had only had jicama in Chinese soups before and didn't know you can eat it raw. Nice and crunchy and the jicama absorbs all the other flavours. Adding this to my "regulars" list of meals. Thanks for posting Chef Buggsy Mate. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap # 47
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 6 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- 4 -5 cups peeled matchsticked jicama
- 5 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 pomegranates, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the lime dressing, combine the sugar and dry mustard in a medium bowl.
- Add the oil, lime juice, honey water, and vinegar.
- Stir until well blended.
- Stir in cilantro.
- For salad, layer ingredients in order they are listed.
- Serve with the lime dressing.