Sue Lau's Note:
Refreshing, and exotic and spicy, everything a boring everyday salad could ask for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb romaine lettuce (about one medium head)
- 4 oranges
- 8 ounces jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 ounce cilantro leaf (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 canned chipotle chiles, diced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 fresh orange, juice of
- 1 fresh lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Arrange individual leaves of romaine on salad plates as bed for salad.
- 2Remove rind and pith from oranges, and slice across to expose the sections; about 1/4" each slice.
- 3Remove seeds as necessary.
- 4Spread oranges over lettuce in a fan pattern, sprinkling with jicama, olives, and cilantro leaves (flat leaf parsley may be used if you prefer).
- 5For the vinaigrette dressing, make a paste out of the chilies, salt, pepper, and garlic, by placing in a bowl and pressing with a flat mallet or other suitable utensil.
- 6Add fruit juices and olive oil, whisking together well.
- 7Pour over salad and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama-Orange Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 382.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g