Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a neat salad to try. It's a little different than some of the other recipes on this site.
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 large oranges, peeled, seeded, and sectioned
- 1 medium purple onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- lettuce leaf
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Combine jicama, oranges, onion, orange juice, lime jice, and coriander in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spoon salad onto lettuce leaves with a slotted spoon, and garnish with lime slices.
A very good recipe. Am always happy to find another good way to use jicama, as it is one of my favorite vegetables! Thnx so much for posting, JenSmith.
I'm a big fan of jicama, so this recipe was a definite attraction for me! A purple onion would have made a nice color presentation, but I opted for a Vadalia instead! Another time I might try half purple & half Valalia, but I DID like the taste of the one I used! Really liked the combo of OJ, lime & coriander! This certainly is a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement cooking game]