Recipe by Sydney Mike
This is a variation of a salad I found in the local newspaper a while back!
Top Review by Glori-B
Thank you Sydney Mike for another great dinner! We made this exactly as written with 2 exceptions: cashews for the peanuts and golden raisins instead of dark (and a wee bit more than 1/8 cup ;D ). Jicamas are hard to get where I live; it is a 50 mile drive south or a 75 mile drive east, so we might not have this as often as we would like. But I've practically got my car keys in hand now! Thank you again!
- 1 medium jicama, peeled
- 2 navel oranges
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup dark raisin (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cut jicama into bite-size pieces.
- Zest the orange, adding it to jicama.
- Peel orange, then section it & cut into bite-sized pieces, holding sections over bowl so juice will combine with jicama.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Add chili powder, peanuts & red pepper flakes.
- Mix well, then chill before serving over lettice.