Recipe by Bergy
Jicama salads are so refreshing and crunchy. When you buy a jicama be sure it has a firm smooth light brown peel, no wrinkles or mold spots. When you cut into it the flesh should be very white. Peel deep enough that the brown outer peel and the coarse (like woven linen)inner peel comes off too. They are very easy to peel and cut. I like to serve this very cold but it is fine at room temperature too.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or more your taste)
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large jicama, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch squares or 6 ounces queso fresco, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh serrano chilies, cut into fine thine rings or 2 chopped red hot peppers
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar and lime juice until sugar disolves.
- Slowly pour in the oil as you continue whisking In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients (except cilantro sprigs), toss Pour oil mixture over& toss- the salad may rest in the fridge for a couple of hours Divide salad among 6-8 plates, decorate with a sprig of cilantro& serve.