From Sunset Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse jicama. Cut off and discard skin and any tough fibers. Cut jicama into matchstick-size sticks 2 to 3 inches long.
- 2Rinse onion slices with cool water and drain.
- 3With a knife, cut off and discard grapefruit peel and membrane. Over a wide serving bowl, cut between inner grapefruit membranes and lift out fruit segments.
- 4Put fruit in bowl. Squeeze remaining membrane over bowl to collect juice.
- 5Drain grapefruit segments; save 1/2 cup juice and keep the rest to drink.
- 6Combine the 1/2 cup juice with vinegar, basil, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; return to grapefruit. Add jicama, radishes, and onion and mix.
- 7Peel, pit, and thinly slice avocado onto jicama salad. Gently mix and add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama Grapefruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 161.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g