Recipe by KGCOOK
I got this recipe from a Mexican cookbook.It goes great with a Mexican main dish recipe or with just about any meal for that matter.
- 1 jicama
- 1 small cucumber, unpared
- 1⁄2 cup mild red onion, thinly slivered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried arbol chile, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare jicama, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- Cut wedges crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Cut cucumber lengthwise in half.
- Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Slice cucumber into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Combine jicama, cucumber, and onion in large bowl, toss lightly to mix.
- Combine lime juice, peel, garlic,salt,and chili in samll bowl.
- Gradually add oil, whisking continuously, until dressing is thoroughly blended.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve in a letture-lined salad bowl.
- Garnish with red onion slivers and lime wedges if desires.