Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tangy and refreshing citrus salad drizzled with sangria dressing. From Betty Crocker's Southwest Cooking. Posted for Zaar World Tour 5.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 large oranges, pared and sectioned
- 2 pink grapefruit, pared and sectioned
- 1 medium jicama, pared and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- For Dressing:.
- Put all ingredients into a tightly covered container and shake to combine.
- For Salad:.
- Arrange 4 orange segments in a half fan shape, with the points coming together at the center of the plate.
- On the opposite side arrange 3 grapefruit segments in a half fan shape, with the points coming together in the center & almost touching the oranges.
- Arrange about 5 jicama cubes down the center of the plate & over the ends of the citrus segments.
- Drizzle with sangria dressing.
- *Note: Fruit can also be all combined in a large serving bowl & passed with the dressing alongside.
We really loved this citrus salad ~ and the sangria dressing. I only added 1 tablespoon organic canola oil after reading the other review, and I think it was perfect this way. Loved the crunchiness of the jicama. Thanks for posting *Tink ~ another new family favorite! Made for THINK PINK EVENT, October 2010!
Very refreshing. Served at breakfast with Mexican eggs. I definitely would have preferred this without the vegetable oil - it really doesn't need it.