Recipe by PaulaG
Jicama, there are 104 recipes using this large, bulbous, root vegetable. The jicama has a thin brown skin and white crunchy flesh. It should be peeled before using. This recipe caught my eye and I have managed to misplace the recipe twice. It sounds very good to me and I have plans on making it within the next couple of days. Recipe in from a Pampered Chef cookbook.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
For those who've never tasted jicama, you should! We really enjoy it raw (but peeled, of course!) & since we've begun trying it cooked (even if just a little), this recipe really caught my eye ~ This chicken dish is easy to make, & is satisfyingly tasty, too! Will definitely be making this one again & agian! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5]
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups jicama, julienne-cut
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken cubes with salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the curry powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, onions, crushed red pepper and remaining curry powder; set aside.
- In wok, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken; cook and stir until browned.
- Add jicama and bell pepper to wok.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broth mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with peanuts.