Recipe by SusieQusie
Jicama paired with apple and drizzled with a sweet-sour lime dressing. From a local TV network's morning cooking segment.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Except for the fact that I cut back on the red peper flakes, I followed this recipe, which made for A GREAT TASTING SALAD! I like jicama in a number of recipes, & it was wonderful here, too, with its slightly sweet crunch! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
- 1 small jicama, peeled and julienne-cut
- 1 tart apple, cored and julienne-cut
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienne-cut
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir together jícama, apple, red bell pepper, green onions, and fresh cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve.