Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
A popular street snack in Mexico. It's light & refreshing, crunchy & sweet with a little bit of heat! Make your dressing first, then prep the salad. From Chef Jeff Smedstad & The Elote Cafe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium jicama, peeled, cut into thick matchstick-like pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 radishes, cut in half then sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 lime, squeeze juice to garnish
- 1 dash chili powder, to garnish (optional)
- lime vinaigrette
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cholulu brand hot sauce, do not substitute
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Mix the dressing ingredients week, set aside.
- 2Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- 3Pour enough dressing to coat, toss again and plate.
- 4Garnish each salad with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of chile powder, if desired,.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama and Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.5
- Calories from Fat 489
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 819.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g