Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A popular street snack in Mexico. It's light & refreshing, crunchy & sweet with a little bit of heat! Make your dressing first, then prep the salad. From Chef Jeff Smedstad & The Elote Cafe.
- 1 medium jicama, peeled, cut into thick matchstick-like pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled, cut into thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 3 radishes, cut in half then sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, squeeze juice to garnish
- 1 dash chili powder, to garnish (optional)
- lime vinaigrette
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cholulu brand hot sauce, do not substitute
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the dressing ingredients week, set aside.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Pour enough dressing to coat, toss again and plate.
- Garnish each salad with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of chile powder, if desired,.
This is an awesome salad. We enjoy mostly in the summer, but recommend it anytime! I have eliminated the onions and added avocado on occasions to change it up.