Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
This is a quick, simple salad that is packed with lots of flavor. And check out the dietary info!
Top Review by Theresa P
This was a great little salad !! There is a brightness from the citris, crunch from the jicama, sweetness from the red pepper, and a little bite from the jalapeno. I added a little red onion to mine also. This was so colorful and fresh, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing this healthy treat, Sandi !!
- 1 small jicama (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium orange
- 1 medium lime
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped jalapeno
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the brown skin of the jicama. Cut the jicama into sticks about 2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick. (You should have about 1 cup.).
- Use the small holes of a grater, or a zester, and grate 1 tablespoon of each orange and lime zest (avoid the white pith).
- Slice off both ends of the orange and cut away the remaining peel. Cut out segments, leaving as much pith behind as possible.
- In a medium bowl, mix the jicama, orange segments, orange and lime zests, bell pepper, and cilantro. Add jalapeño to taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.