Thought this sounded wonderfully delicious and perfect for summer! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1985)
For the dressing
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade or 1 tablespoon lime marmalade
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 (1 lb) jicama, halved lengthwise, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 12 nicoise olives
- 1 lime, peeled and diced
- In a jar, mix together first 5 ingredients and then whisk in oil;set aside.
- Line salad bowl (or individual plates) with lettuce leaves.
- Top with tomatoes and jicama slices.
- Add avocado and olives and then top with lime.
- Toss with dressing.
Loved the dressing. I changed some of the salad ingredients. I added mandarin oranges, used vine ripened tomatoes, added toasted sugar coated sliced almonds and left out the olives. A very refreshing salad. Thank you.
I enjoyed this salad alot. The dressing is sweet, light, and a bit tart. It really compliments the avacado & salad well. I served the lime in wedges on the side, but would skip them next time. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
This dressing has a nice tartness in combination with the sweet of the marmalade. I skipped the diced lime because I didn't feel we needed it. It is a nice light dressing that compliments the salad ingredients nicely.