Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Jicima is a crisp, sweet vegetable that is delicious either raw or cooked. Sometimes called the Mexican potato, it's sweet and nutty taste makes it a wonderful addition to salads.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups jicama, julienne-sliced
- 2 Asian pears, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a bowl, toss the shredded lettuce, jicama, Asian pears and golden raisins until combined.
- For dressing, whisk together the vinaigrette, apple cider or juice, and five-spice powder or allspice until well mixed.
- Drizzle over salad and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- Source: www.friedas.com.
A very nice tasting salad, which gave me an opportunity to use some of the five spice powder that I use soooo seldom! I like the crunchy jicama paired with the subtle taste of the pears & raisins in this dish! Thanks for the recipe ~ It's great!