Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Chef Stephan Pyles, co-author of the book: "Tamales". I recently had the pleasure of dining in his Dallas restaurant, Stephan Pyles, and everything on the menu was extraordinary.
- 3 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 4 cups jicama, peeled and julienned (about 1-1/2 medium)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly combine all slaw ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep refrigerated until serving.