Aromatic spices, garlic and ginger combine to flavourful effect in this simple seafood rice dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic, shredded
- 300 g raw prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 300 g basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 600 ml hot water
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1Heat the sunflower oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the cumin seeds.
- 2When they change colour, add the onions, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
- 3Add the prawns and fry until they turn opaque, around 2-3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the rice and fry until it is shiny.
- 5Mix in the turmeric, chilli, coriander, salt to taste and the tomato ketchup.
- 6Pour in the hot water, cover the pan partially and cook until the rice is dry and fluffy, around 20 minutes.
- 7Loosen the rice gently with a fork, sprinkle with the coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jhinge Ka Pulao (Rice With Prawns)
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 615.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 17.1 g