Recipe by MacChef
Very popular London street food that originated from India. It is vegetarian and would a great light meal or side dish for the summertime!
Top Review by Fishwitha H.
I am hooked...every bite is a taste explosion..How have I live for 55 years on this planet and never tasted something so good. I hope I don't burn out on it. I have eaten this for three days straight. I modified my recipe using pomegranate instead of coconut and the extra burst of favor it dynamite! You must try this.
- 236.59 ml puffed rice cereal (Muria)
- 59.14 ml chickpea noodles (Seva)
- 59.14 ml roasted peanuts, with skin crushed
- 59.14 ml fried lentils (Channa Dala)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 118.29 ml mung bean sprouts
- 14.79 ml fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 0 mild onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh coconut meat, chopped
- 14.79 ml tamarind paste
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- 0.25 ml chat masala, spice
- 0.25 ml garam masala, spice
- 4.92 ml mustard oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix puffed rice, peanuts, chickpea flour noodles, and fried lentils together in a pot.
- Add tomato, cucumber, mung beans sprouts, ginger, mild onion, coconut, cilantro, and coriander.
- Add tamarind sauce, lime juice, chat masala, garam masala and mustard oil. Mix well.
- Serve in a bowl or a cone made from newspaper. Eat with a spoon.