This is my take on my all-time favorite restaurant meal, Evelyn's Favorite Pasta, from the Cheesecake Factory. It's a simple combination of simple ingredients, but so satisfying. Please, adjust to your heart's content! This dish is amazingly open to interpretation based on your own personal taste. :)
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced into rounds and then halved
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup artichoke heart, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place all vegetables on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast to desired doneness.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted vegetables with pasta, basil and toasted pine nuts. Adjust olive oil, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve with Parmesan at the table.