Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This sounds like a scary combination of ingredients, but it's actually quite delicious. Serve over an 8-ounce block of cream cheese with crackers. Very good for holiday parties.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pineapple preserves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) can dry mustard
- 1 (5 ounce) jar prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Stir ingredients together and allow flavors to blend overnight in refrigerator.
- Serve atop or alongside cream cheese with crackers.
Since I'm not a great fan of horseradish, I was happy to experiement with this recipe in that I devided all the ingredient amounts into two batches, then made 1/2 as given here while in the other half I did the same EXCEPT that I cut the amount of horseradish in half AGAIN! As often goes around here, I was very, very happy with the smaller amount of that ingredient, while my other half was very satisfied with the full amount! However, since I'm the one makin' it, another time I'll do it my way & love it yet again! Thanks for a very interesting & unique addition to my finger food counter! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
I am definitely going to try this once I locate some pineapple and apple jelly. Sounds very worth the try. Thanks. Lolly