Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a smooth cranberry sauce with a kick. Sweet, tangy, with a hit of horseradish, it goes with all kinds of holiday fare and is especially good with turkey and pork.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Combine water, sugars and cranberries in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for 12 minutes, until the cranberries have popped and mixture is thickened.
- Put through a food mill or sieve.
- Let cool, then add mustard, horseradish and orange juice.
For those who may be wondering, this is much like a 'pepper jelly'. I love this stuff on a cracker with cream cheese! I usually serve it that way around the holidays.