Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My dad made this as long as I can remember. It is a delicious, quick and inexpensive meal. The more peppers and onions the better.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, cleaned, halved and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, cleaned, halved and sliced
- 2 yellow onions, cut in half and sliced
- 16 ounces canned tomato sauce (I use Hunts)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large frying pan.
- Cook onions until softened (do not brown).
- Add peppers and cook until soft.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add to spaghetti.
I halved the recipe and since I don't care for red bell peppers, I substituted with a yellow bell pepper. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Good vegetarian spaghetti sauce - I halved the recipe for the three of us subbing 1 orange bell pepper in place of the 1 green bell pepper. I usually omit salt in recipes, but felt that it was needed here. I used plain tomato sauce as stated; I would add Italian seasonings next time around. Mine didn't look anything like Sharon123's photo... Made for PAC Spring 2008!
Delicious! I made some minow adjustments, used canned spaghetti sauce which I added a touch of sugar and a touch of wine to. My DH and I loved it. Thank you! Made for Pick a Chef!