Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cucumber, Fennel, And Orange Salad With Pomegranate Seeds - pareve Source: Rosh Hashanah -- Jewish Holiday Cooking by Louise Fiszer.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large navel oranges, zest and pith removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches watercress or 8 ounces baby spinach leaves or 1 bunch watercress and 4 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Combine cucumbers, fennel, onion, oranges and watercress in large shallow bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, orange juice, honey and olive oil.
- Toss with salad.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.