Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a meal that was passed on for many years. We make this every New Years for family and friends. I hope you enjoy as much as we do.
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 1 large onion
- garlic powder
- 3 (15 ounce) cans peas
- 1 medium cabbage
- 5 lbs potatoes, cubed (you can use frozen french fries, cut in half)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Fry the hamburger with the onions.
- Add garlic powder.
- Cook peas.
- Grate cabbage.
- Fry the potatoes and cut them in half.
- Layer everything: first you put the cabbage,then you put the hamburger (use a spoon that the fat can drain out of), then the peas (use a spoon that the juice can drain from), then the french fries.
- For Sauce: Mix ingredients together.
- Pour over your meal (sometimes you need more sauce--we use a lot of it).
I must admit this did not sound like it would be but when made it has the best mixture of taste. I had a house full and tried it. I had at least 15 people over and 1 out of the fifteen did not like it becuase of the peas. Great recipe. Thanks
Thank you for a wonderful dinner! My boys loved it and so did my mother who is out visiting from South Africa.
when i seen this recipe i did not no what to think,the mayo threw me off,but it was the best meal i have had in along time,it is very very good ,but i use more mayo thank you for the recipe/////great