1/1 Photo of Jewish Pound Cake
1 hr 7 mins
This is a wonderful, moist cake recipe that is baked in a bundt cake pan. A co-worker brought this to work, and when I got home, I looked the recipe up in "The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!" cookbook. This recipe is from the cookbook, with a few minor changes of my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package vanilla cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
- vegetable oil, and flour for dusting the pan or Pam cooking spray, for baking
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly mist a 12 cup bundt pan with vegetable oil, then dust with flour, shaking out the excess flour. Alternatively, you can just spray with Pam for baking (it has flour in the spray).
- 3If you are using the nuts, spread the nuts evenly in the bottom of the pan. This will put them on the top of the finished cake.
- 4Place the cake mix, pudding mix, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another 2 minutes at medium high speed. If using, fold in the coconut here.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula, and place the pan in the oven.
- 6Bake the cake until it is golden brown and the top springs back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 47 to 53 minutes. Transfer the Bundt pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 7If you used the Pam for baking, the cake will automatically pull away from the pan. If not, then run a long sharp knife around the edges of the cake and shake the pan gently.
- 8Invert the cake onto a wire rack. Let the cake cool completely, about 25-30 minutes.
- 9If desired, sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jewish Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 438.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g