Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Purim recipe. Also great with tea/coffee.
Make and share this Jewish - Old Family Recipe - Hamantashen by Ileene Rubinrotte recipe from Food.com.
- Beat first 4 ingredients.
- Sift remaining ingredients & add to egg mixture.
- Knead dough until smooth. (Add flour if needed.).
- Roll out.
- Cut into circles.
- Add 1 teaspoons filling of choice into center.
- Form into triangles.
- Grease baking pan lightly.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Chose this as our first foray into Hamantashen-making, and didn't regret it. The dough came together very quickly, and easy to handle when fresh. The half-batch I refrigerated overnight however wept oil and was very difficult to shape; most cookies cracked. Still it was a nice, light, crunch cookie. The best filling turned out frozen raspberries, lightly crushed, with a chocolate chip in the center. I also tried just raisins soaked in a little citrus and cinnamon, and they were good but not moist enough. Thanks Rayndrop!
This recipe is terrific. I did need to add more flour but the cookie dough held it shape and the hamantashen are great.