Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Jewish - Old Family Recipe - Charoses Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup grape wine
- Mix apples & juice. Set aside.
- Combine starch & sugar in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Gradually add water & mix until smooth.
- Stir in honey until mixture thickens & is clear.
- Add apple & nuts to cooled sauce.
- Just before serving, stir in wine.