1/1 Photo of Jewish Honey Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Traditional honey cake, made for Rosh Hashanah to ensure a sweet New Year but also prepared by honey-cake lovers for special occasions.
My Private Note
Ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh lemon rind, of grated
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup warm strong black coffee
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- 2Place the eggs, lemon juice, lemon rind, oil, honey and coffee in a bowl of an electric mixer.
- 3Mix on low speed until well blended.
- 4In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, sugar and cinnamon with a fork until mixed.
- 5Gradually add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture, mixing for about 5 minutes or until well blended.
- 6Fold in the slivered almonds.
- 7Pour the batter into the tube pan.
- 8Bake in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jewish Honey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.2
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 304.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind