Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Crispy, greasy, fried...delicious! This is the real thing!
Make and share this Jewish - Eta Estomin's Potato Latkes recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub & grate potatoes (do not peel).
- Squeeze out liquid.
- Peel & grate onion into potato mixture.
- Add eggs, flour & salt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Drop batter by the spoonful into hot oil.
- Brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sour cream and/or apple sauce.
this recipe is great. my family loved it. the second time (and every time since) i have caramelized the onions first and then added them. everyone flipped over them.