Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip has it all: and interesting look, good taste, and you don't stop talking about how good it is. It's the spice of every party. You'll love it!
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise, with tabasco sauce to mold together
- hot pepper jelly, spread on top
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, srpinkled on top
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, sprinkled on top and chill
- serve with Ritz cracker
- Mix well cheese, half the pecans, and mayo.
- Pack tight into a mold.
- Spread hot pepper jelly on top.
- Garnish with onions and pecans.
To be truthful, I did not make this dip, but tried a version of it brought to a potluck supper by a friend. The only difference in it was that she used a higher concentration of pecans and green onions (equal parts cheese, onions, and pecans), and did not specify the tabasco sauce. It was a real hit at the supper, and everyone wanted the recipe, which she duly sent us by e-mail. Highly recommend this unusual blend of flavors.