Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This moist cake is a request by family members at holiday gatherings. You'll love the moist texture.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (Moist variety)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix first 5 ingredients for 10 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour 1/2 of cake mixture into greased and floured Bundt style pan.
- Pour 1/2 of sugar, nut and cinnamon mixture on top of cake batter.
- Swirl into batter with knife.
- Pour remaining cake mixture on top of sugar mixture and top with remaining sugar mixture and once again, swirl with knife.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees or until done.
Carrie, mmmmmm,This was a great tasting and very easy to make cake.And YES it was very moist. Thanks so much for this grat recipe. Darlene Summers
My husband has been bugging me to make this again! We enjoyed it very much. I left the nuts out because I didn't have any at the time, but it still turned out great. Also an attractive cake to serve to guests. ADDENDUM--September 10, 2006: Almost a year after first trying this cake, and it's still the one my husband always requests! Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
Delicious! And it reminds me very much of this wonderful sour cream cake that my mother often makes. This is a wonderful dairy-free alternative with a similar taste. I do recommend using nuts that are WELL chopped, as they interrupt the nice texture of the cake if they are too crunchy. Thanks, Carrie!