Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Robert Carrier, the late British cook who might have been the first innovative cook from those isles. When newly married, in the 70's, he was my guiding light -- famous, approachable chefs as we know them today were thin on the ground then.
- Fry chicken livers in some of the chicken fat until firm but still pink inside, and remove to a bowl.
- Sauté the chopped onion in chicken fat (add more if necessary) until transparent.
- Chop hard-boiled eggs coarsely.
- Whizz livers, onion and egg in a processor until mashed.
- Scrape out with spatula, and combine in a bowl with the chopped celery and green pepper.
- Add additional chicken fat to make a smooth mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Preferably use good sea salt flakes.
- Put into a small, pretty bowl and top with finely chopped parsley if you like.
- Serve as an appetizer with rounds of baguette or crispbreads.