1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg white and salt. Whisk in matzo meal, oil and 3 Tbsp cold water.
- 2Cover and chill the mixture at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 3In a large pot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add parsnips, carrots and onions, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Gently roll the chilled matzo dough by level teaspoonfuls into balls, dropping them into the simmering broth as you work. Cook the matzo balls, covered, for 15 minutes. Do not lift the lid; the broth must simmer rapidly to allow the matzo balls to expand properly.
- 5Uncover the pot, add broccoli and mushrooms and simmer until the broccoli is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with dill or parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jewish Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 771.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: