Recipe by Irene Dinovitz
Grandma's Chicken soup HMMMMM...great when it's cold outside, or when someone isn't feeling well!!!!!!!This recipe came from my sister-in-law from Arizona. I'm just getting over a cold. and wished I had some, so I went shopping and made it today, and will freeze what I don't use
Top Review by Chef Country Cook
I tried to rate this recipe a short while ago and I guess I goofed, because it didn't happen. The ingredients are nice and simple, but the recipe doesn't tell me how much water to put in the pot. I made it by guess work on the liquid part. The taste is very good. I will use this recipe again....but please resubmit with the water included. Thanks for the posting.
- 5 -6 lbs cut up chicken
- 3 stalks celery, plus leaves
- 3 cut up carrots
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 bunch parsley (I grow it at my kitchen window)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 -8 peppercorns
- salt and pepper
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth, possibly
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a 6-7 qt.
- saucepot and cook at least 4-6 hours.
- Remove from pot and strain.
- Keep the carrots for the soup if you like them, and cut up 1-2 quarters of chicken and place in broth.
- I use the rest of the chicken for chicken salad, or I make creamed chicken that my family love.
- (with biscuits)-- Enjoy.