Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
365 Ways to Cook Chicken serves 8
- 1 chicken, cut up (3 pounds)
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3 stalks celery, halved
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients with 3 quarts water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove chicken and reserve for another use. Strain soup. Let cool, then refrigerate until chilled. Remove congealed fat.
- Return to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste.