1/3 Photos of Jewish Apple Cake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a nice way to bring in the fall! Apples and cinnamon. Regular sugar can be used in place of vanilla sugar. Pears would work great oin this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- 3Slice apples thinly, mix with lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom; set aside.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Beat eggs until foamy.
- 5Gradually beat in sugar, until mixture is thick and fluffy. Slowly pour oil into egg mixture, while beating continuously, mix until well blended. Add dry ingredients 1/3 at a time, alternating with orange juice, beating with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- 6Pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan.
- 7Drain the liquid from the apples and arrange half of the slices on top of the batter. Add another 1/3 of the batter, then the rest of.
- 8apples, and finally top with the remaining 1/3 of the batter.
- 9Bake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Cool thoroughly before removing from the pan.
- 10Dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jewish Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 196.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: