Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Jewels and Jill elmore
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped in a medium dice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped in a medium dice
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place beans, stock and garlic in a large pot on the stove. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 20–30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is warm, add the olive oil and sauté the onion and celery for 5–6 minutes until soft and translucent. Next, add the tomatoes and salt and continue to cook another 3–4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable mixture and parsley to beans. Cook another 15 minutes or so to meld flavors together. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
While not something that I would serve at a fancy dinner, but definitely a super tasty light dinner with some home made biscuits. Bravo.