1/1 Photo of Jewelled Persian Rice
This really is a beautiful dish. If you can't get pomegranates, just omit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add oil, onion, almonds, pistachios, saffron and cardamom pods.
- 2Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring often until nuts turn golden, and saffron and onion are fragrant.
- 3Add rice, cook for 2 minutes, stirring to coat with oil.
- 4Add stock, sultanas and a pinch of salt.
- 5Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, until stock is absorbed and rice is tender, adding a splash more water if necessary.
- 6Allow to stand covered for 10 minutes.
- 7Stir through pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- 8Spoon rice onto a large platter.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jewelled Persian Rice
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 194.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: