This really is a beautiful dish. If you can't get pomegranates, just omit.
Make and share this Jewelled Persian Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add oil, onion, almonds, pistachios, saffron and cardamom pods.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring often until nuts turn golden, and saffron and onion are fragrant.
- Add rice, cook for 2 minutes, stirring to coat with oil.
- Add stock, sultanas and a pinch of salt.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, until stock is absorbed and rice is tender, adding a splash more water if necessary.
- Allow to stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir through pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Spoon rice onto a large platter.
Beautiful dish but I didn't care for the taste.It was too sweet but again the presentation was great!
This really is a beautiful dish Moryan, so very pretty. The best part is that it tastes great. There are many many flavors and you can taste each one seperately. The flavors and textures blend and compliment one another perfectly. Kudos on a wonderful rice dish that will be enjoyed often in my home.