- 700 ml chicken stock or 700 ml vegetable stock
- 350 g couscous
- 1 lemon, grated rind only
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g toasted sliced almonds
- 75 g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
- 50 g sultanas
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil stock in a saucepan.
- Pour in the couscous in a thin stream and stir in lemon rind.
- Cover pan, remove from heat and leave for 5 minutes, fluffing with a fork after 2 minutes.
- Drizzle over olive oil and stir in almonds, apricots, sultanas and parsley.
- For Vegetarians use vegetable stock.
- Either serve immediately or cove with foil and keep warm in the oven for up to 30 minutes, or allow to cool, cover with clingflim and reheat in a microwave oven.