Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray. They have 35 calories each. They are egg-free.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 325°F Grease 2 cookie sheets. In a medium saucepan, stir together the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter over medium heat until smooth and bubbling, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, whisk together the oats, flour and salt. Stir into the pot, then stir in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the mixture about 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake until bubbly and a shade darker, 9 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute before quickly transferring each cookie to a rack using a thin metal spatula. Let cool completely.
- TIP : having a hard time removing your cookies? Pop the pan back in the oven for a minute to soften them.
YUMMY WONDERFUL CHEWY NUTTY TANGY CARMELLY DELIGHT! WOW these are a new favorite. Oh so easy and super tasty. I did use cashews in place of pistachios which worked out great. Mine spread out into eachother but it didn't affect the flavor...I think I may just try spreading it all out on a pan instead of trying to make individual cookies next time. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
These are a real treat and very easy! I subbed honey for the corn syrup, though. Everything else as written. I made mine a little too big, and got only 32 instead of 48. They spread out a lot. I think these would be good with chopped dried cherries, also, and maybe pecans.